Most business leaders agree that the cloud can help them address many challenges. It is also seen as a catalyst for business transformation, particularly in the era of social, mobile, and big data explosion. However, according to independent international research commissioned by Fujitsu, 59 per cent of decision makers believe that decisions about cloud adoption are more complex and difficult in their company, based on their unique mix of corporate culture, organisational structures, geographic presence, infrastructure, processes, and other factors.
When it comes to cloud deployment, the majority of cloud decision makers reject the ‘do it yourself’ approach, instead preferring to use the resources and expertise of a trusted cloud partner. According to the research, 78 per cent of decision makers want a provider to take end-to-end responsibility for part or all of their cloud implementation, while 74 per cent of decision makers prefer cloud providers with experience in hardware and software solutions, and strong integration, consulting and managed services skills.
Fujitsu recognises that cloud is intrinsically complex – one size does not fit all – and the FUJITSU Cloud Initiative offers business and IT leaders the choice and integration services that they are asking for. The new Cloud Integration concept combines consulting expertise and managed services to enable organisations to choose the right cloud options for them. It then is capable of integrating multiple cloud environments with their legacy systems, to deliver a seamless service to their customers and users.
Fujitsu is equipping itself to support customers wherever they are on their cloud journey, by building the broadest portfolio in the industry of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and Cloud Integration Services. Building on a solid foundation of delivering robust and innovative ICT solutions and services, the company is now harmonising and enhancing its cloud portfolio to provide, on a global basis, offerings that have been developed and proven in different regions around the world.
· FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 (formerly known as Fujitsu Global Cloud Platform) is globally available, with additional capacity deployed over the last 12 months and a new dedicated service to be available by the end of 2013.
· FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Private Hosted (formerly called Local Cloud Platform) has been deployed into a number of new regions over the last 12 months with new functionality planned for FY2013
· FUJITSU Cloud PaaS RunMyProcess was announced in April 2013 as a major acquisition, with global rollout planned during the coming financial year.
· FUJITSU Cloud ITMaas is now globally available, delivering the world’s only unified approach to IT Management as a Service – in partnership with CA based on the Nimosft solution.
· FUJITSU Cloud BaaS was announced in December 2012 and is being rolled out globally, delivering cloud-based backup services for cloud and non-cloud systems – in partnership wth EVault.
· FUJITSU Cloud End User Protect is being announced later this month, delivering cloud based security services – in partnership with Symantec.
· FUJITSU Managed Infrastructure Service Managed Mobile has been available since 2009 and will see a major new release, with significant new functionality, later this financial year based on the Citrix XenMobile solution.
· FUJITSU Cloud Multi-cloud Environment Integrated Operations Service will extend the existing cloud managed services and is planned to be available in key markets later this financial year.